18 January, 2011

Designer Love: Tadashi Shoji

In honor of teaching myself Japanese in 2011, I thought I might share with you one of my favorite designers, with ties to The Land of the Rising Sun.


From Tadashi Shoji.com:

Established in 1982 by designer, owner, and president Tadashi Shoji, the Los Angeles-based fashion house Tadashi has become widely recognized for its original designs and innovative collections.  The company has seen steady growth since its inception and is carried in more than 4,000 major department and specialty store doors worldwide, including Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdale’s, and Macy’s.  Internationally, the brand is available at high-end retailers such as Isetan, Epoca the Shops, and Anniversaire Omotesando. 

Now for the eye candy:


These are my two favorite looks from the Spring 2011 collection. The beauty literally kills me dead.  Now, I know this will sound a little Miss. Haversham-ish, but if that flutter sleeve wrap dress found its way into my closet, I would never take it off.


Now this.  I.  Die.  I'm especially in love with the detail on this dress.  It's a perfect example of pizazz without forcing beads and/or rhinestones down anybody's throat. As incredible as this dress is, I feel the need to advocate for the use of proper undergear.  That's right, I said undergear.  And I mean it.  In this case, daring drama and impeccable elegance comes at a price.

Now, we know that the man gives good gown.  I can also tell you that Tadashi Shoji also makes cocktail and party attire fit for all the women in your wedding life.  Moms, 'maids, guests, you name it. 

What?  I can't be expected to give you everything, can I? Get your stylish little behind to the website or to any of the retailers mentioned above and see for yourselves!

Photo credit:  1&2. www dot glamour dot com
                         3&4. www dot weddingdresses dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment