23 June, 2011

Tiki Weekend: An Inspiration Sneaky Peeky

Hey all!  We have been busy busy here at Goldiluxe!  Planning for Tiki Weekend is wrapping up and the builds have begun!  But, before I get into that, I thought I might share a couple of images from our upcoming Inspiration Board post.

As most of you know, I joined Pinterest awhile ago and am LOVING it!  I deviated from my usual process and built my inspiration board there!  The result was wonderful!  You, of course can judge for yourself a little later...


This brilliant little idea comes from Style Me Pretty via the blog Creature Comforts (and was actually from a guest post by Miss Kayte Terry.  She can be found here, here and here.)  Creature Comforts is a brilliant little style/inspiration/DIY blog and honey, it's like she's writing it for me.  We made some significant changes to this idea to fit our theme and our overall aesthetic and I think it worked out really well.  I am, of course working on a how-to post for our version of this, so I'll be able to tell you all about it.  Stay tuned!


These little guys came to me from my favorite baking supplies shop, Chicago's Layer Cake Shop.  While I did end up purchasing about a billion of these little guys, this picture really help us distill our vision.  For me, it reminded me to add texture, color and a little spice to our design.  And most importantly, they're ah-dorable!

So there you have it, your first peek into our 'Tiki Weekend' inspiration board.

No comments:

Post a Comment