29 February, 2012

Designer Love: Angel Sanchez

If we're being honest, then I will tell you that Angel Sanchez ($$$$$) was definitely an acquired taste for me.  Mostly, it was an aesthetic dissonance.  It took me a few seasons to warm up to him, but now I am really excited for this 2012 collection.  Mr. Sanchez has been an influential name in bridal couture for some time now and I can see why.

From NY Magazine:

           Angel Sanchez founded his eponymous eveningwear label in Caracas, Venezuela, in 1987, after working as an architect for two years. He moved his corporate headquarters to New York in 1997 and launched a popular bridal collection in 1999. The label is known for architectural, contemporary silhouettes and monochromatic, brightly colored cocktail dresses and evening gowns. Sanchez launched a collection of lower-priced cocktail dresses and separates in the U.S. in spring 2009 called Angel by Angel Sanchez.

Now for the fashion!



I am such a sucker for blush wedding dresses.  It's such a romantic, feminine color and, when done well, can really push the boundaries of a simple silhouette.  I'm loving the modified trumpet and modest chapel train.


This dress is a little more my speed, I think...although I'd prefer it in off-white.  I'm dying for that bodice!  The lines are clean, but super exciting and that's just enough ruffle to fall head over for.  The slit was a little worrisome to me upon first inspection, but I really do think it offers some serious sex appeal.  I love drama and this gown has it in spades.


This is actually the first dress I saw from this collection-and I have but two words:  I. Die.  I nearly passed out from over gasping.  The floral detail is stunning and the asymmetrical neckline-forgeddaboutit!  This dress will set you back quite a bit (did you see the dollars signs, yo?) but it could be a perfect addition to your splurge list!

Let me tell you, there are so many great gowns from the Fall 2012 collection I didn't even get to, not to mention other seasons!  Oh, and before I forget, Mr. Sanchez has an ah-MAH-zing eveningwear line as well.  Check it out, might be perfect for your 'maids.  You should really do yourself a favor and check out the website.  Local gals, you can find Angel Sanchez here:

Gigi of Mequon

1550 West Mequon Road
Mequon, WI 53092
Phone: 262.241.1123 

Photo credit: angel sanchez


No comments:

Post a Comment