27 February, 2012

Designer Love: Matthew Christopher

Hey gang!

So, I'm in love with Matthew Christopher!  Although, newer to me, Mr. Christopher ($$$$-$$$$$) has been a big name in bridal fashion for awhile now.  His website is full of amazing accomplishments (like striking out on his own with an award winning bridal line at the age of 26!) and outstanding designs.  This New York based designer is known industry wide for his daring, indulgent designs and showstopping silhouettes.  Now, I usually just pick three dresses to showcase the range and versatility of a designer, but I fell head over heels for this line-and I think you will, too.

To the fashion!


Appropriately named 'Liz Taylor', this gown reminds me of the absolute best of Old Hollywood.  The stunning floral applique on the skirt of the gown is deliciously understated.  The deep plunge neckline is sexy and seems perfectly appropriate for a busty bride.  Sporting a chapel length train, hidden pockets (!!) are easily the best detail on this dress.

This is Grace.  Le sigh!  That Queen Anne collar is killing me!  Think it can't get any better?  Take a look at the back!

Whoa.  I literally have no words for how freaking stunning this is.   And yes, that is a modified chapel train on that baby.  


Bandeau.  Delicious.  Now, I know what you're thinking: "It looks like two dresses mashed together, E.  What are you thinking?!" But just look at it.  It's so beautifully avant-garde light.  I really like the off-shoulder neckline and the modified trumpet is ridiculous...ly amahzing!  That draping is freaking blowing my mind, y'all.  Wait until you see the back...


Arabesque.  I am IN LOVE with tea length dresses for Spring and Summer.  So sweet, so chic.  I also really love that this is (and really, all of MC's dresses) available in off-white.  Note the modified birdcage veil. 

The Bardot might just be my favorite in this collection.  At first, I was concerned about the bias strips going from head to toe, but overall I think it's pretty brill.  We get a really dramatic feel with the bias strips and the seemingly fly-away tulle.  I do think some brides might run the risk of getting overwhelmed in this dress, however.  It's a '10' for me, though.

So there you have it.  Five of my favorite pieces in the Matthew Christopher Spring 2012 Collection.  If I were you, I'd browse around the totally fab website.  So much deliciousness.
For you local brides, you can find Matthew Christopher at the following area locations:

7857 Big Sky Dr  
Madison, WI 53719
(608) 833-6006

Gigi of Mequon
1550 West Mequon Road 
Mequon, WI 53092
(262) 241-1123

photo credit: matthew christopher dot com







No comments:

Post a Comment