22 February, 2011

Designer Love: Selia Yang

It's dreary here (after several days of gorgeous...sad flute) and as such, I am feeling dreamy.  What better way to indulge this feeling than with wedding eye candy.  Today I give you....Selia Yang!

From the Website:

     "Selia Yang is such a talented and energetic designer.  The quality of her work and design aesthetic is a unique addition to the bridal fashion industry". Michele Spielman- American Designer and Bridal Buyer, Saks Fifth Avenue


"The best kept secret in the city is Selia Yang." Daily Candy fashion news website.


Boom, baby!

1.Tulin.  *Sigh*.  I first saw this dress in an issue of Martha Stewart Weddings.  I loved it from the word go.  It's just exquisite.  Although for some, the sheath dress can be a bit of a hurdle, I think that this lends itself quite nicely to a variety of body types.  Again with the deeper plunge (I know, but couldn't you just die?!) I would have to reiterate the need for a great undergarment.  And a good seamstress with a killer knack for alterations.  A high glam dress like this is not to be trifled with.  Available in white, beige or champagne (omg, can you imagine?!) and lovelied up with feathers (*gasp*, I. Love.) and all over deliciousness, this floor length dress is a knockout.


2. The Keryn.  I die!  The shoulder detail on this dress is dramatic and dreamy but, note that it does not fight with the rest of the dress.  This is an asymmetrical look I can get behind.  For me, the whole thing looks like smoke.  Beautiful, billowy smokin' hot smoke.  It's a little mermaid-y and slinky, so I warn the body-conscious bride.  But, trust me when I say that self-confidence can make anything shine 100x as brightly! Meow!


3.  The Selma.  Ah, me...drink it in.  I'm not terribly floral, but honey, the detail on this dress is like buttah.  Just totally bananas.  This seriously beautiful shape is good for a lot of brides, but being rather busty, the plunge makes me a bit nervous, so I'd really have to caution the "well endowed".  But, a great undergarment can work some serious magic.





All photos from onewed dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment