07 June, 2009
Etsy Love: Part Two
Hey all! I thought I'd sneak in another installment of Etsy Love! This time, I thought I'd put together a little something for the Bridesmaids. The number one complaint I get is, "I hate spending all that money for a dress I'll never wear again!" So, here are a few things I found to hopefully give all you Brides out there a little inspiration.
1. This dress is one of the prettiest ones I've seen in awhile. First of all, I love this color. Pink can make me a little crazy sometimes, but this is a good shade. The Mayflower Dress is by sarahseven. Based in Portland, Oregon sarahseven makes beautiful clothes at affordable prices. The Mayflower Dress will cost you a sensible $198.00. The dress is made from pink cotton jersey with a flower at the bust. Note the flattering pleated waist. The hem of the dress sits just above the knee (perfect length for a bridesmaid's dress, if you ask me) but can be hemmed to specifics. This clever lady also creates custom dresses in an array of colors. Visit her shop for details and full list of policies.
2. This is a comb adorned with clay flowers straight from Pheonix-based seller, debashri. Selling for $65, you will get hand crafted clay flowers (I counted 3 gardenias in full bloom and smaller stephanotis flowers) fastened securely onto a metal comb, with a silver finish. I really enjoy the Sworovski rhinestone and pearl embellishments-I fell like it adds the perfect amount of sparkle without being promish. This seller has a 7 day turnaround. Debashri also crafts custom combs, bouquets and centerpieces as well. Please contact the seller for details.
3. These Ribbon Rose appliques are from Etsy seller, Rose Garden Stitches. Shown here, in sable, these roses measure 1", 1 1/4", and 1 3/4". Included with the roses are green leaves. This seller has several packages of 3 and 6 roses. Available in any size and color, I think these would be perfect to spruce up hairpieces or sashes. Also, perfect for flower girls. The set shown is $5.00. With any seller that will be doing custom work for you, be sure to allow time for shipping. Be as clear as you can when discussing your needs before any payment is sent. Trust me, the extra communication will save both parties in the long run.
4. I love this white knitted wrap! It's sweet, feminine and delicate. This great find is from Lithuania based seller, tijusai. The best part for me is the little flower pin fastener. Made of 70% mohair and 30% acrylic, this crocheted wrap cost $40. The button fastener features a cluster of golden and pearl beads accented with a soft golden fabric. This package will arrive airmail in a registered package. Shipping time to the US is at least 2-3 weeks. and will cost you $8. What a steal!
5. This fun little handbag is a favorite item of mine. I found it on London seller, Emma Gordon's shop. All of her handbags are stylishly designed and well crafted. The "Georgia" (shown here in silver) measures 27cm w x 12cm h and will run you $65. The main body is lined in cotton. I love the stripes! The bag itself is silver satin decorated with a peach satin rose. Emma Gordon ships all handbags tissue wrapped and placed in a box. These products ship from the UK and will take awhile to get to you so be sure to leave enough time (I hate to sound like a broken record, but it is important). Contact the seller for custom orders (she makes clutches, totes and shoulder bags too and they are just as delicious!) and special pricing for more than four bags. Matching headbands are available, as well.
Enjoy! Feel free to the sellers with questions about their product lines and shop policies, they'll be happy to help!
Remember, the photos belong to the sellers to which they are associated. Please, lets not copy. It's not nice.