28 August, 2012

Goldiluxe, Out and About: Creative Picnic Contest

That's right.  A creative. picnic. contest.  Allison stumbled across this article mid-July and thought we should give it a whirl.  So, we put together a bangin' pinterest board and set to work.  We decided to go with a retro beach party theme.  Yes, yes I know.  More retro.  But, hey.  We had a chance to play to our strengths.  Allison designed some fabric and paper goods, I made some cake stands, sourced some vintage milk bottles, found some cute accessories, and we came up with a cute, small plate menu.  We also made adorable sun lanterns.  Bada bing!  We had an adorable concept and Beachy Keen was born!  Here are my favorite snappies of the process and event.


Here's a little concept composite I put together while I was working on sourcing some of our supplies.  I really wanted us to make a vibrant, festive statement without overwhelming the table or cluttering up the vision.  Keeping the colors and graphics with me in one, accessible place made my job that much easier.  Not to mention, my friends on Pick loved this photo!


 So cute!!  The lanterns turned out so well, I was really proud of them.  I love that we make so much of our own things.  Sure, we could buy everything ready-made, but where is the personal touch in that?  Can I just say how much I love those little flamingo drink stirrers? 



This one really shows off the fabric that Allison designed.  I was thrilled with it.  For us, this event just started out as a harmless, low key activity.  As we breathed life into Beachy Keen and everything started coming together, the more excited I became.  It really ignited my competitive spirit.  It was just so much fun!


This is my favorite picture of the night.  I really had a great time participating in this event and I wanted to share my exuberance.  So, I tarted up this little picture for consumption on Pick.  I thought you might like it, too!  Results?  Well, we didn't win (Congrats to Sun and her team!) but I am so proud of what we were able to accomplish.  The Goldiluxe name was out in public and I'm so happy that we put our best foot forward! 



1 comment:

  1. Erin, I love the theme that you and Allison came up with and your picnic looked great!

    ReplyDelete