My friend Sun, as you know, writes for Eat. Host. Run. Style. You'll remember her for the great post she did here! Sun's post remains one of the most read on this blog! This is one of my favorite fitness blogs to read. She makes fitness fun and accessible. I never feel like I'm doing something wrong or like I should be ashamed of myself for not doing more, faster. Or better. Just a really great read. Superb recipes, too!
Sun's questions for me, are:
- Why did you decide to start blogging? I love parties and event design. This blog started as a way for me to exchange ideas with people all over the world. I really wanted this space to be an honest chronicle of my journey as an owner of a creatively based business as well as a testament to all the amazing things that inspire us.
- How did you decide on your blog's name? This blog began as a wedding blog, but began to evolve as my business model evolved. As Goldiluxe Events became busier, I wanted it to reflect my vision for my company. I can look at it and be instantly reminded of what I'm aiming to do.
- What are your top five favorite foods? Miso soup, spaghetti squash, pancakes, rainier cherries, and spinach fritata.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? I would love the ability to stop time.
- What's the best gift you ever received? When I was in my very early 20s and moving into my first house with my best friend at the time, my grandma gave me a vacuum. It made me feel so grown up, like my family finally saw me as a capable, responsible adult. I was so happy, I burst into tears.
- Are there any current style trends that make you cringe? Yes. Leggings as pants, rompers, and those headbands clearly inspired by Native American headdresses. Cultural appropriation just isn't cute.
- Why do you workout and what's your current routine? I love working out because it focuses and clears my mind, relieves my stress and makes me feel strong. I love being kind to myself.
- Who is your role model? My Mom and Dad. They have done and given everything to give me every opportunity I could ever want. I also look up to anyone who lives their life boldly, without fear and without regret.
- What accomplishment are you most proud of? Graduating college. I learned so much in and out of the classroom.
- If you could participate in any Olympic sport, which would you pick? Figure skating. Definitely. Sparkly outfits, big hair, dancing....it's like they created a sport just for me.
- Where would you like to travel next? Colorado next spring and Japan for my birthday.
--> I read the Hunger Games trilogy in one weekend. All three books. One weekend. It was awesome.
--> I am obsessed with my Japanese photo sharing app, Pick. I heard about it from a bloggy friend and it's been a great way to help me learn Japanese.
|See how cute it makes your pictures?! Couldn't you just choke on the whimsy?|
--> I'm teaching myself Japanese. It's super hard, but really rewarding.
--> I have a really visceral reaction to fonts. I can't stand Comic Sans, Papyrus, Vivaldi or any font that looks like "kid" handwriting...I shudder to think.
--> With the exception of Law & Order: Los Angeles, I have not met a cop show I don't like.
--> I love to make up words. So far my favorite is "romantiplans"
--> I would rather not eat or drink during an outing if it means I don't have to use a public restroom.
--> I want to have All The Antiques.
|See? I would have all of the everything if I could. Also, more cuteness from Pick.|
--> I love brunch.
--> I dislike Bloody Marys and I hate when they are listed as "Bloodies" on menus.
--> The meaner someone is to me; the nicer I am to them. I like to see how mad they get when they can't get a reaction from me.
My 11 questions:
1. What do you think is your best personality trait?
2. When was the last time you laughed so hard your sides hurt?
3. If you could live in any city in the world, which one would you choose and why?
4. What is your least favorite color combination?
5. What is your favorite way to celebrate an accomplishment?
6. How do you use social media to enhance your blogging life?
7. Would you rather host a dinner party or contribute to one at someone else's home?
8. What is your favorite recipe?
9. If you could appear on any reality show, which would you choose?
10. What is the one thing in your beauty routine you could not live without?
11. What is your favorite teen movie?
My nominations are:
Allison C Beilke: Illustrator, Artist
Cream City Green
I'm afraid I can't quite make eleven. All the smaller blogs I read have already been nominated. I'll have to scour my blog roll, I know there are so many great bloggers out there!
A big, huge thanks to Sun for the nom. I'm so grateful!