23 April, 2012

You Asked For It: Style Roundup

Hi, gang!  I hope you enjoyed Wednesday's little roundup.  You ask the best questions and today I'm answering your questions about bridal style!

I'm having trouble picking a 'maids dress that looks good on everybody, what should I do?
Well, darlin', I think you should give the 'maids your color choice and let them pick their own dresses.  You chose them because of their totally awesome, totally unique personalities, right?  Why not let those personalities shine through?  If your worried about it, have them send you a pic of the dress...

Are tiaras really that terrible for a wedding?  I really want to wear one...
In my opinion, tiaras should be left to children and royalty.  If we're being honest, I think you should opt for a less obnoxious adornment.  Like this.
 Some loveliness from Siman Tu.

 But hey, if a tiara makes you feel beautiful, sexy and confident on your wedding day, who am I to take that from you?

I'm having a beach wedding.  I found the cutest heels online.  Appropriate?
Umm, no.  No heels at the beach.  Save the heels for the reception.  Or, set up the ceremony on a little platform...but, really, consider flats.  Ones with some color and pizazz.  Like these...

I want a non-ridiculous, hip wedding dress.  Where do you suggest I look?
Hmm...non ridiculous...you'll have to trust my judgement on this but I'd suggest starting here:

I'm loving this dress by Trina Turk
Ooh, also this one by Kate Spade

Why don't you try looking here:


Do you recommend purchasing wedding attire online?  
Yes and no.  Frankly, I feel more comfortable when I try event clothing on before purchasing.  However, with research, communication and a reputable seller/designer, online experiences can be just as rewarding.  I will say that with online purchases, especially those that involve custom dresses, you should allow a significant amount of time.  I want you to be prepared if a problem arises.  You'll need time to fix the mistake.

Hey, G.  These or These?
Ooh, I really like the second ones. I'd like to see them with a birdcage veil and a hairstyle kind of like this:



I have a great dress.  I want to style it up with some shoes (preferably in a bold color) and a great clutch.  Any suggestions?

Well, sure!  I'm really into springy colors right now, so how about a few to get you started?
How about these?
bibi lou via BHLDN
Or this adorable clutch from DVF?


or these, if green's not really your thing...


Does Goldiluxe style brides and bridal parties?
We'd love to!  Why don't you e-mail me with a few more details and we can set up a meeting.  Sound good?
I am in love with this dress for my maids...do you think this would be an okay neckline for some of my bustier 'maids?
 First off, I am living for this dress!  But, as a busty gal myself, I will say this neckline frightens me a bit.  I'm instantly concerned about what bra I'd wear with it and how that neckline would really sit once I crammed the twins in there.  For me personally, this dress would be a hot mess.  But, I'd show the picture to the 'maids in question.  What do they say?  If they express some concerns, maybe you could find a similar dress and have them try it on.  Then you'll know whether to proceed with this one...

Another successful roundup, but I still have way more questions to answer!  How about tomorrow we tackle some of your inquiries about logistics?!

No comments:

Post a Comment