19 December, 2012

Technoluxe: Wedding App Round Up

It's been awhile since I featured a piece of the latest wedding technology here on Goldiblog, and I'll tell you why.  While I can see a use for this stuff (especially given my proclivity to remain in complete control of every situation), I think sometimes things like this can encourage couples to stay within the neatly outlined boxes that define our expectations for The Perfect Wedding.  I guess I've always imagined Goldiluxe couples to be a bit more daring and imaginative than that.

That said, I've gotten a lot of requests for app advice for iPad/iPhone.  So, like the faithful little blogger I am, I've collected some of the best the App Store has to offer...starting with some of my favorites.

1.  iWedding Deluxe-The Wedding Planner:  From Serendipity App Company, this is the most comprehensive wedding app I've seen.  It's got the basics like: seating arrangement, budgeting info, contact information, and venue information.  However, in what I think is a HUGE bonus, it's chock full of extras that can help you locate local vendors, manage guest list info and store inspirational photos.  For me, the icing on the cake is the countdown feature that allows you to stay on track as the big day approaches. At $5.99, the thing is basically a steal.


2.  Plan Your Wedding with Mindy Weiss:  This app comes to us from one of the coolest chicks in the biz.  Mindy Weiss is one of the most sought after wedding planners and lifestyle experts evah.  She's been planning amazing events for all our favorite A-listers, including Ellen DeGeneres, Gwen Stefani, and Heidi Klum.  Without sacrificing utility (you know, guests, vendors and budgets) this app puts the user in touch with the latest in wedding trends, including videos from Mindy herself.  For me this app is a little frillier and has a decidedly celeb-centric feel, but it's perfect for the dreamier among us.  You can find this on the App Store for a cool $7.99.  I think it's more than worth it for everything it does.


 3.  Wedding Budget:  This app from Sevenlogics, Inc. is the first free app on our list.  I think this one gets overlooked a bit because, let's face it, we want one app that does everything.  Wedding Budget just isn't that app.  It is the app for people who have prioritized staying on budget above everything else (which should probably be everybody...).  Using this app, you will be able to break your budget into components (flowers, attire, venue...you get the idea).  From there it will tell you how much money you have left, when payments are due and remind you how much your willing to spend on each category.


4.  WeddingScan:  This Organi Studios app is new to me, but as soon as I saw it, I was a big fan.  Basically, WeddingScan creates a custom registry by allowing couples to scan any item's barcode in any store.  The app uploads all the product information to the couple's WeddingScan.com registry.  No barcode?  No problem.  The app also allows you to take pictures and include descriptions.  Your guests then go to the website to purchase.  Multiple stores, one registry, one place for guests.  Easy peasy.  Currently, this app comes in at $2.99.


5.  Fun Wedding:  This little app from Intellegence, Inc. has been generating a lot of buzz lately.  Designed to be a reference tool, Fun Wedding allows users to keep track of their "must play" and "do not play" lists.  The idea is that with access to over 2 million song titles, broken up into 19 unique charts (eg. father/daughter, mother/son, first dance...etc.) keeping the dance floor packed will be a snap.  The major criticism I've seen is that because you can't preview songs you don't already know, the app loses a little in translation.  But, for those of us that are in love with lists, $0.99 is a small price to pay for piece of mind.  I can also imagine that this app would make communicating with your DJ much, much easier.


6.  Evernote:  Can I just say how ding dang much I LOVE Evernote. I just can't believe it's free! I was skeptical at first as I am of anything that promises to be my organizational savior, but this really is the shizz, so take a big whiff.  The website sums it up better than I ever could: "Capture anything.  Access anywhere.  Find things fast.".  Pretty brill, wouldn't you say!


7.  Pinterest: I really didn't think I could get away without mentioning Pinterest.  To be honest with you, I feel like I waited my whole life for Pinterest and now that I have it, I'll never let it go.  That's how fabulous it is.  By creating virtual pinboards, users can "pin" and organize inspirational photos.  The app (available for both iOS and Android) expands on this idea by incorporating your phone's camera.  Snap the things you love for your wedding and upload them to your board.  BRILL.  I find Pinterest most useful when trying to edit myself.  I am an artist at heart, so it's easy for me to get bogged down in the concept.  Pinterest allows me to cut through the bullshet and get to the point. 


There you have it.  Seven of my favorites.  Feel free to add to this list in the comments.

Kisses,
E


1 comment:

  1. Most of the wedding app is shared in this post are familiar one. All the apps are shared will be useful for the engaged people while planning their wedding. This post might be useful that certain apps are available to plan the wedding easily.

    ReplyDelete