That said, I've gotten a lot of requests for app advice for iPad/iPhone. So, like the faithful little blogger I am, I've collected some of the best the App Store has to offer...starting with some of my favorites.
1. iWedding Deluxe-The Wedding Planner: From Serendipity App Company, this is the most comprehensive wedding app I've seen. It's got the basics like: seating arrangement, budgeting info, contact information, and venue information. However, in what I think is a HUGE bonus, it's chock full of extras that can help you locate local vendors, manage guest list info and store inspirational photos. For me, the icing on the cake is the countdown feature that allows you to stay on track as the big day approaches. At $5.99, the thing is basically a steal.
2. Plan Your Wedding with Mindy Weiss: This app comes to us from one of the coolest chicks in the biz. Mindy Weiss is one of the most sought after wedding planners and lifestyle experts evah. She's been planning amazing events for all our favorite A-listers, including Ellen DeGeneres, Gwen Stefani, and Heidi Klum. Without sacrificing utility (you know, guests, vendors and budgets) this app puts the user in touch with the latest in wedding trends, including videos from Mindy herself. For me this app is a little frillier and has a decidedly celeb-centric feel, but it's perfect for the dreamier among us. You can find this on the App Store for a cool $7.99. I think it's more than worth it for everything it does.
4. WeddingScan: This Organi Studios app is new to me, but as soon as I saw it, I was a big fan. Basically, WeddingScan creates a custom registry by allowing couples to scan any item's barcode in any store. The app uploads all the product information to the couple's WeddingScan.com registry. No barcode? No problem. The app also allows you to take pictures and include descriptions. Your guests then go to the website to purchase. Multiple stores, one registry, one place for guests. Easy peasy. Currently, this app comes in at $2.99.
6. Evernote: Can I just say how ding dang much I LOVE Evernote. I just can't believe it's free! I was skeptical at first as I am of anything that promises to be my organizational savior, but this really is the shizz, so take a big whiff. The website sums it up better than I ever could: "Capture anything. Access anywhere. Find things fast.". Pretty brill, wouldn't you say!
7. Pinterest: I really didn't think I could get away without mentioning Pinterest. To be honest with you, I feel like I waited my whole life for Pinterest and now that I have it, I'll never let it go. That's how fabulous it is. By creating virtual pinboards, users can "pin" and organize inspirational photos. The app (available for both iOS and Android) expands on this idea by incorporating your phone's camera. Snap the things you love for your wedding and upload them to your board. BRILL. I find Pinterest most useful when trying to edit myself. I am an artist at heart, so it's easy for me to get bogged down in the concept. Pinterest allows me to cut through the bullshet and get to the point.
There you have it. Seven of my favorites. Feel free to add to this list in the comments.