26 June, 2012

Short and Sweet: Short Dresses That Pack a Punch

With summer in high gear, I've been getting lots of letters from you about showcasing some fun, flirty dresses fit for you're amazing affairs.  It seems you're getting married in Vegas, in gardens, museums, art galleries and posh, upscale dining establishments.  In order to give you some variety, I went to three of my favorite stores to round up, what I think, are really great options to get you started!
And away, we go!

 Nordstrom:

1.  First up, we have this little number from Sue Wong.  I am a huge fan of this beige, embellished illusion bodice dress.  At $398, it's kind of a steal.

2.  This is the Telago dress from one of my favorites, Ted Baker.  I love the high neck (usually, not so much) and the delicate detail really does bring it home for me.  This one will run you a little more, $825.  I think it'd be worth it, though, to tell you the truth.



3.  Finally, I found this sweet little diddy from Rachel Zoe.  Now, if you know me, you know I'm not a huge fan of Rachel Zoe's line.  It's just not me, but I think this short, metallic brocade dress is super charming.  It's got a bit of a retro vine to which I am drawn.




BHLDN
               

1.  I love the Comme Il Faut dress from Hitherto.  I am literally choking on all the fab.  One of you wrote in about a retro-inspired reception at a supper club.  Let me say it again.  I LOVE that idea.  I think it's going to be fabulous.  And, please, consider this dress.  At $800, it's a pretty great deal.

2.  This is the Arabesque dress from Yoana Baraschi.  I love everything about this dress, y'all.  I think the detail is phenomenal.  I haven't seen a lot of short wedding dresses quite like this.  I really appreciate the evening gown feel it brings.  Three quarter sleeves.  Yes.  This beauty comes in at $300, proving great style doesn't have to put you in the poorhouse.

3.  Say hello to Persephone, by Tracy Reese.  I am a huge Tracy Reese fan.  This dress is deliciously elegant without so much as a hint of pompous excess.  Those bell sleeves are adorable!  A word, dolls.  Shift dresses can be a bit tricky.  If you have a BHLDN near you, try this baby on.  You don't want to have a $400 disaster on your hands.



J. Crew


1.  I love this dress.  I am so glad that the peplum is back.  I really am.  I love how cute and 50's it is. The Cha-Cha dress has an adorable cut out in the back.  Can't you just see this at a chic gallery wedding.  I'm seeing simple, classic lines with pops of bright colors. 

2.  A great, little embroidered feather dress.  Love it.  Love the length, love the feathers, love it all.  You should check out the sweet embroidered bib.  It's pretty great. 

I hope these little cuties have given you all something to think about.  Have something to say?  Leave it in the comments!






1 comment:

  1. So beautiful short dresses collection, I like so much, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete