09 May, 2012

You Asked For It: Blogging Blues

Hey G.
I'm having a hard time.  These blogs are making me feel horrible.  I see picture after picture of these pretty people with smiling faces and perfect clothes.  They've got these amazing pictures with, like, vintage cookware and friggin' DIY.  It all makes me feel so inadequate, like I don't deserve all this because I'm not picture perfect enough.  I guess, what I'm trying to say is that I feel like my wedding won't be weddingy enough...am I making any sense?

Oh, honey.  You're making perfect sense.  If I was there with you right now, I'd attack you with hugs.  I'd also bring some champy, because momma was born a drinker (jk, y'all...mostly).  You know, it's funny, I was just reading this post and this one on one of my favorite blogs yesterday.  It deals with everything your heartbreaking message did.  So, go.  Read it.  And read the comments!  All of them.  Then come back and I'll tell you what I think.  Go, ahead.  I'll wait.

Ok, so.  I'm going to tell you something that some people don't want you to know (and by 'some people' I am absolutely referring to stuffier members of the $160 billion wedding industry machine) : Your wedding will be perfect.  Whether you decide to spend $100 or $100,000. You and the love of your life are perfect.  Just as you are.  Right now.  Your love for each other is enough.  It's beautiful, it's real and it's messy.  That's because real life is messy.  It isn't picture perfect.  It shouldn't be.  Picture-perfect isn't real.  You don't need the perfect figure, the perfect dress, or shoes or hair or cake table...you get me? 

So, give all those blogs and magazines that are making you feel shitty the finger and shut out all the chow-chow. Focus your energy on the amazing life you are going to share with the person you love so very much.

What do you say, dolls?  Can we leave our girl some love in the comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment