24 September, 2010

Brooching the Subject

Okay, so we all know by now that retro inspired lovelies are kind of my shtick.  Now I'm no one trick pony, but my love of all things vintage is sometimes too intense to ignore.  With that said, I thought I share my latest vintage-inspired obsession: The Brooch Bouquet

I love, love LOVE, them!  If I was getting married again, I would totes rock the look.  Instead, I'll be weaving it in to some of my signature designs (more on that later, y'all) and it will be an À la carte service that we will offer here at Goldiluxe (ooh, more on that later too...I am all about the secrets today).  Here are some of my favorites!


This beauty is from Studio del Fiore in beautiful Portland, Oregon.  I.  Die.  Notice how the design is based around a central floral theme and is expanded upon by the more suggestively floral pins.  The explosion of color adds major depth and drama to this piece.


This swoon worthy piece is from one of my favorite photo shoots of the year.  Couldn't you just die of the genius?!  When I first started getting into this type of bouquet, I saw a lot of collared styles.  How refreshing to see something like this.  So spectacular.

So beautiful for so many reasons.  This piece by Amanda Herr.  I like the use of color here to  capture a moody beauty. Exploring the moody side of love and happiness is a theme I adore. 

 Bright beautiful color with a touch of whimsy.  Who could ask for more?  I am dying over that little frog brooch.  I'm enjoying the playful nature of this bouquet.  Another Amanda Herr design is a total hit with me!  By the by, this design mastermind also has an Etsy shop, so get over there and check it out!

Considering a beauty like this to call your own?  Who wouldn't be after seeing some of the best out there?  My advice to you is to treat this like any other aspect of your big day.  Work with someone you trust, who can bring your vision to life.  Edit, edit, edit.  Also, while these little honeys are a bit pricey ($250-$500, depending on the artist/designer) you may be able to bring the price down if you can provide your own brooches.  This is also a great way to have a little more control as far as theme and mood.  Besides, who doesn't love weaving through antique stores, hunting for jeweled lovelies?

Photo Credits:
1.  Studio Del Fiore
via Neat Sheet


2. Flourish/Kate Miller Events
via Style Me Pretty



3&4. Amanda Herr

1 comment:

  1. OMG those are staggeringly beautiful and kind of make me want to get married!! don't tell my boyfriend ; )

    ReplyDelete