23 June, 2010

Topper the Mornin'

If you know me, you know I'm not a big fan of cutesy. Cute, fine. Kitschy, fine. Cutesy? No thank you. Nowhere is that more evident than in my staunch opposition to traditional cake toppers. I really don't like 'em. No monograms, no bride and grooms, no sprays of crystals. However, while traipsing through the Internet today, I came upon this amazing Japanese Etsy seller, Kikuke.

Kikuke crafts cake toppers, art dolls and cake toppers. I am a sucker for Japanese influence and for unique embellishments, so this was a match made in heaven. Rather than talk about them, take a look at these adorable toppers!


How cute are these whales?!


Penguins?! Really?!



Pandas, y'all!

So cute, right? Made of clay and Swarovski crystals, these little darlings would brighten up just about any cake. It doesn't stop here, either. Among the nearly 200 items she has for sale, you'll find owls, lobsters, turtles, birds and alligators. I'm in love! Ideas are just swirling around in my head! How cute would these be at a shower or bachelorette party?

Visit Kikuke at her Etsy shop. The girl is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment