26 September, 2009

Luxe Life: Adam and Laura

Hey all, here are some pictures from a wedding The Hubbs' and I attended this summer. I hate that it has taken so long for me to get these pictures up here, but I have had the busiest summer of my life! Whew! But, now that it is coming reluctantly to a close, I feel I can release these and chat about them effectively.

Adam and Laura have been friends with The Hubbs for years and a couple for even longer. I had the pleasure of meeting them at a party they were hosting. I really have enjoyed getting to know them over the last couple years.

The cute couple opted for a semi-formal affair at Olbrich Botanical Gardens. I got so excited about the place (that and the lighting at the reception took a toll on my photo quality) that I forgot to take a lot of pictures of aspects of the reception. Had I designed this wedding, I would have more detail...


The approach! I was in love with this place from the start. Look at the wonderful little house at the end of the road.

The Pavilion! I am such a big fan of this place. Of course, I am a big fan of anything shiny! I was not expecting this at all. A very stylish surprise.


The cutest flower girl ever! Ever. She was enthralled with the Bride and Groom in all their finery. I remember being that age and wanting to be part of the action. On a critique-y note, I am not always a fan of these big, tulle princess gowns for little ones, but this one was done very nicely. The length definitely added a little formality to the dress and her overall look! What a little doll!

The happy couple getting a few last minute directions. I was surprised this all went as well as it did without a Day-Of Coordinator. I really recommend it, Brides. The last thing you want to be doing is giving/getting directions when you could be off enjoying the day. P.S. LOVING the dress. Such a beautiful neckline. The pearls were such a simple yet elegant touch to an already gorgeous Bride!

The table. I like the napkin fans...I usually don't like fancy napkin sculptures, but these are cute and add a lot of pizazz to the table. I really like the use of foliage instead of traditional flowers. A really good example of creating style on a budget.

The cake! A very distinct choice with the pillars. I'm loving the sugar flower spirals. Cute cute cute!

Well, there you have it. I have sooo many more, but these were some of the highlights. I also wish I could've gotten my hands on the professional shots for this one. Overall, this was one dreamy outdoor wedding!

The photos shown do not represent Darling Events design.

No comments:

Post a Comment