10 August, 2011

Some Calm in the Internet Storm

So, if you're anything like me and read wedding blogs incessantly, you're probably aware of this.  Then there was this.  Basically, some couple had a wedding (albeit a thoughtless and distasteful one) and people lost their shizz.  And, in the interest of full disclosure, I should say I kinda lost my shizz a little bit, as well.  Because, in my opinion having an oh, so awesome time while making light of the struggle of millions all over the world is tasteless.  Abject poverty isn't fun.  It isn't romantic and it isn't cute.  But I kept my damn mouth shut.  Which is another post...

My point is, if I may be frank, this wedding started an Internet shit show. Once that fire was a'blazin, the flames were fanned. I am still collecting my thoughts and in response to those of you who've asked my opinion: I plan to throw my two cents in later this week.

In the meantime, I suggest you read this post by the mastermind behind the Offbeat Empire, Ariel Meadow Stallings.  It's well written and thought provoking.  Then, we'll discuss this issue here.

No comments:

Post a Comment