22 July, 2010

Illuminating!

I am working on several things this summer, not least of which is cultivating ideas for a great big country themed party I'm hoping to design. I have been considering some unique lighting schemes that are fabulously, uniquely country and have found some great inspiration! I can't wait to get going on the inspiration board...I am after all, a country girl at heart you know. I thought I would share some of my finds with you. Consider some of these for your upcoming outdoor soirees.



This picture is one of my favorites. Made from upcycled mason jars, these sweet hanging lanterns cast a lovely warm glow over an entire event. I love this look. If I was to take hold of this, I'd probably pair it with a few more clean lines while perhaps doing a wildflower centerpiece...so many choices.



Here we have a variation on a really fantastic theme. These beautiful votives are porcelain! They've been cast in molds made from Bell jars. Lovely! We have mastermind Alyssa Ettinger to thank for these.



Luminaries. Beautiful, ethereal luminaries. I love to use these to illuminate walkways and driveways. They're beautiful on tables, hanging in trees, you name it!

Well, I hope that was enough to get you started! We've got some of the most beautiful days of summer coming now, and I hope you all can use them to host some amazing outdoor soirees...I know I will!

Photo Credit:
1. Lanterns by etsy seller, Cherry Grove. Found on bustedwallet dot blogspot dot com
2. Lanterns by Aylssa Ettinger. Found on re-nest dot com
3. Paper Luminaries by Martha Stewart. Found on marthsstewartweddings dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment