08 February, 2009

Unveiled!


This is my ridiculously delicious, hand made veil! I am just in awe of the exquisite handiwork and its overall appeal. This lovely model, in a picture taken by Miss Brenda looks absolutely beautiful! I thought it was wonderful that Brenda wanted me to see her work before she sent it to me.

I searched and searched for a unique veil that would fit my dress, my decor, and my style. This proved to be difficult. First of all, my gown is soft gold, not ivory or white. I also knew I did NOT want a blusher. Ugh. Blushers are beautiful for some brides, just not at all for me. Finally I settled on a birdcage style veil. I've always loved them and they are so undeniably retro I just knew it would be a match made in heaven.

Unfortunately, I soon learned that cage veils in champagne were hard to find. Enter Etsy and the ever so talented Brenda. Her Etsy site is wonderful, everything was beautifully made. After about 10 seconds, I knew I had to have her make mine. Armed with my opinion, pictures of my dress and her super ability; Miss Brenda crafted this little beauty for me in no time. The result as you can see, is flawless. It is so much better than what I had in my head, more than I could have imagined. I am so excited to wear it.

Just another reason why handmade is the absolute BEST way to go. If you are anything like me, you are a strong-willed, detail oriented lady with a whole "master plan" in mind. My ideas have been fairly specific and hard to find. Going with custom made pieces has really been the only way to get the look I wanted. I am so lucky to have found such talented artisans to bring my vision to light.

Your tip? Surround yourself with talented vendors whom you feel comfortable. Make sure they can work well with you and can properly execute your vision. Try to find people you like as people too. Compatibility is an asset in any relationship. You may have to search for the perfect team a little longer than the next gal, but it will be well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment